About Me

I'm a working mom with a 4 year old daughter who enjoys making invitations, planning parties, decorating, scrapbooking, card making, baking and much more than I typically have time for!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog, where I hope to be able to share some things my family is doing to save money.  We recently found out that our company is merging with another and our jobs may not be as secure as we would hope.  I have always used coupons and tried to save money wherever I could in our budget, but in light of this new information, I have decided to really buckle down and get serious about couponing.  I recently took a couponing class and learned a lot about how to match the sales with coupons to really save the most money.  Now, I hope to put this into practice to be able to save our family as much as possible just in case the best of situations does not emerge from this latest news. 

Last year, my husband and I decided after watching Food, Inc. that we wanted to start purchasing our meats from a source that did not use harmful antibiotics or growth hormones, so we signed up with a local meat CSA.  In addition, we began purchasing our dairy, eggs and produce from a local consortium that delivers to our house every week.  These decisions do drive our grocery bill higher than just purchasing from the grocery store, but these were decisions we made for our daughter and our health, so we have to find ways to save more at the grocery store to make up for it. 

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and that you find information that I post here helpful to you in some way!

No comments:

Post a Comment